Monday, August 31, 2015

Solo Projects


Sometimes, there are ideas that are only worth executing yourself. At least, that's how I feel on that subject. The mere thought of it only leaves me to do but two things; scrutinize the hell out of it or roll with everything until it's done. Occasionally, it's both in that specific order. This week, I've been experimenting more with 2D character rigging and so far it's been quite an experience.

As I've been thinking about it, I feel as if this sort of process would be less stressful for me if I were to put this through After Effects. Albeit it's a heavier program and would take longer to preview, it has a parent/child tool that I fell in love with and would be incredibly viable for what I am doing right now. I feel that Flash is still capable of doing tremendous things as it is very light and can preview in a full framerate without much delays. However, it's still to this day very buggy and somewhat primitive in comparison to other programs.

From what you can see up top is a somewhat complex rig of one of my characters here performing an uppercut in the air. The picture below vaguely shows a variant of what part of the body are specifically animated.

  
Unfortunately, I do not have much else in mind as far as this animation goes. I hope that I can do more fighting animations with a full rig soon and can show it later onto my YouTube channel. I'm nearing 400 subscribers, which is yet another exciting milestone for me despite my recent inactivity with the channel. We'll see what happens, until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment