Monday, August 24, 2015

Character Rig Setup


My current placement as to where my team and I are with our film is still in its early pre-production stages. Based on the image above is one side of the character sheet we have of our protagonist. To the right of it is a color-based key used to define what parts to break apart to prepare the character for rigging during the animation process. The way of how this this layer order works is what parts of the rig will be placed over each other when brought into rigging. Despite being roughly shaped, it's still a vague reference of how the character will be built. Between us, we are still trying to refine the final design of our main character as there are multiple designs oriented to our own liking.

The position during the development of this film is the animation, most of which will be constructed in After Effects, followed up with 2.5D environments and parallax. I happen to find it very fortunate that our group has strengths spread out across the board, where we are capable of executing the tasks and objectives needed to complete the animation. The only major weakness we have as a production team is our small number of people working together for this.

As of now, things have been piling up along with what I already have going for me right now. Not exactly opportunities, but they're things that I think I can push through. I still am well committed to doing this project with me and am definitely excited with what this pilot may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment