Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Giving Back with Animation



It's not too often that someone would make an animation for someone's birthday, and you can definitely say that I'm in that boat. Although, I cannot make one for every friend that I have. Obviously that's too many people and too much work. So typically, the birthday animations exist for special reasons, mostly fans who simply adore the work that I do.

And it's not exactly something as a simple "Happy Birthday!". If I'm going to make an animation, I want there to be content within it, no exceptions. The image you see above is the most recent birthday video I made, for Bernadette, one of my good friends from the school that I currently go to. I myself am still quite nervous about the work that I do outside of school, work that I do for fun (and with a little polish). She came to me with a smile saying that she loved the animations I did. Most people would just sit there silently and simply acknowledge it, but with no dramatic reaction. I sometimes think that my own work is substandard at times, though the reminders and reassurance of being wrong in that regard keeps my confidence held high.

Generally, the animations I do that are unrelated to my own content hold a meaning that is kept with me. Not every audience member doesn't have to understand the full picture, for it was simply a gift from one to another. On a public format that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment