Monday, August 17, 2015

Environment Concepts


As of late, my colleagues and I have encountered an assignment to our Background Design & Layout class, where our objective is to create an interior/exterior environment that is to be later created in 3D. So to start, we begin with making some sketches and brainstorm. The images above are examples of what my team and I will be using as reference for our environments. I myself will be focusing on the interior of the house. The multiple shots shown here will prove to be most useful to figure out the space and shape of the interior.






After asking my team for some suggestions for what sort of furnishing should be placed within this little house, my results were to be alike a scribes room would be like. Dozens upon dozens of books would be stored, archived, and even carelessly placed throughout the household. The next image shown was an example of one of my first finals during my first quarter attending the Art Institute of Las Vegas. (Upon closer observation, you can see that all of the objects reflect off one another, my mistake!).

What makes this project interesting in particular is that the environment resides in a rural settings, yet the property belongs to a rather studious-type of character. The house that they live in isn't just a plain one or two-story house either, you can see based off the reference images that there is a balcony, a patio, and even some smaller structures around it, possibly used to make the character's lifestyle self-sustaining.

In other words, this is an endeavor that I have yet to partake in. Background design isn't something that I haven't invested too much time in, but I believe that it'll be something that will be the most helpful in my journey as an animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment