Tuesday, September 22, 2015

New Tricks Up My Sleeve


It's not everyday that you get to innovate new techniques in your craft, especially in pixel art animation. Although it's not true to the art style when animated, it's still just as fun for me to make. What we have here is yet another progress update on some of the personal content that I make on my spare time.

One technique for character rigging is to do turn-around's of each rig part. For me, this makes it so that you mix and match parts to get poses that you need in almost any view whatsoever in a 2D space. This can also create different perspectives of the characters in different shots, rather than it looking in a mere 2D space and manipulate it into somewhat of a 2.5D space. And since the sprites themselves are of a very small canvas size, the intent of making a diverse set of parts to use is quite easy to accomplish.

For some spoilers, the animation that I've been making here is a showcase of the character that you see in the image. You see that he's wear a suit of armor, yes? Me personally, I like to entertain the thought if this warrior were to fight with his fists rather than a simple sword and shield. I would like to give the atmosphere of this animation similar to what you would feel when watching a fighting game of some sort, given that the art itself is video-game-like.

However, I won't be getting to work on it for a bit, for I am heading out on a trip to Oregon for a small vacation to get away from things. There's just simply too much to juggle around at the moment. Even though I've gotten used to how things are now, one needs a break somewhere in all of it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment