Monday, September 14, 2015

Turning Character Art into a Rig - Part 2


 At last, another step forward into our pre-production process to our "Eko Project"! What you see in the images of this blog contain the parts made for our character rig and the them being implemented into Adobe After Effects. For my first experiment, I will try and see if can make this still, standing character and make her run in a full and seamless cycle.

The whole process itself requires very meticulous planning and mapping, for I have to break the character down and rebuild it again in order for me to animate her. The reference I use for the walk cycle is from Richard William's Animator's Survival Kit. Because this is merely an experiment, it will allow our team to obtain additional information on how to go about the final designs of the character and the rig itself. As a fun fact, the art itself only took a single weekend for our digital artist. This counts the lineart, color, and shading!

The character rig itself consists of around 20 parts or so, with the head by itself having about 10 parts to rig for facial expressions and hair movement. To save time, the arms and legs for both sides have been duplicated and mostly consist of one color to save the details such as fingers at a later design. Despite having my foot in the door in starting the experiment, my everyday schedule will continue to impede the rate of progress made from day to day. Perhaps when school happens to give me a break.

However, this week is quite generous in giving me additional time to do things. So I definitely look forward to take advantage of that. Perhaps I can actually finish this within the week? Who knows?



No comments:

Post a Comment